Recently, Shenlong Automobile Co., Ltd. has filed a recall plan with the State Administration of Market Supervision and Administration in accordance with the requirements of the “Regulations on the Administration of the Recall of Defective Automobile Products” and the “Implementation Measures on the Regulations on the Recall of Defective Auto Products”. From February 15, 2020, Dongfeng Peugeot 2008, 308S, New 308, New 408, Dongfeng Citroen C3-XR, C4L, and C4 Sega vehicles with 1.2T engines will be recalled, involving 89898 vehicles, as follows:
(1) Some 1,600 Dongfeng Peugeot 2008 cars equipped with 1.2T engines produced between December 9, 2015 and May 24, 2017;
(2) Partially assembled 1.2T engine Dongfeng Peugeot 308S cars produced from August 22, 2014 to May 8, 2017, a total of 12,066 vehicles;
(3) Part of the Dongfeng Peugeot new 308 car with a 1.2T engine produced from May 23, 2016 to May 26, 2017, a total of 2946 units;
(4) Dongfeng Peugeot new 408 cars with a partial capacity of 1.2T engines produced from May 21, 2014 to May 25, 2017, a total of 54,156 vehicles;
(5) Partially assembled 1.2T engines Dongfeng Citroen C3-XR cars produced from August 28, 2015 to May 24, 2017, a total of 3111 vehicles;
(6) Dongfeng Citroen C4L cars with 1.2T engines partially manufactured from September 25, 2014 to May 26, 2017; a total of 14,687 vehicles;
(7) Some 1.232 engines Dongfeng Citroen C4 Sega cars produced between June 12, 2015 and May 25, 2017 were equipped with a total of 1,332 vehicles.
During the recall, the 1.2T engine wet oil-soaked timing belts assembled by the vehicles were degraded due to chemical corrosion of the oils, additives, and cleaning agents used by the vehicles during the use, resulting in damage to the surface fabric of the timing belt Falling off will cause the lubricating oil path filtering device to be blocked, causing the oil pressure to decrease and the engine fault light to light. If you continue to drive, it will cause wear of the internal moving parts of the engine and there will be hidden dangers. Shenlong Automobile Co., Ltd. will replace the optimized belts for vehicles within the recall range free of charge, and perform engine cleaning and replacement of related parts on vehicles that have been blocked in the lubricating oil filter device to eliminate potential safety hazards.
Shenlong Automobile Co., Ltd. will notify the relevant users by registered mail, telephone, etc. Users can obtain this by logging in to the website of Shenlong Automobile Co., Ltd. (www.dpca.com.cn) or by calling Dongfeng Peugeot Customer Service Hotline 400-8877-108, Dongfeng Citroen Customer Service Hotline 400-886-6688 (mobile phone or landline) Details of the recall. Users can also log on to the website of the State Administration of Market Supervision's Defective Product Management Center (dpac.samr.gov.cn) and follow the WeChat public account (SAMRDPAC) for more information. In addition, you can also call the hotline of the Defective Product Management Center of the State Administration of Market Supervision: 010-59799616 to reflect problems or submit defects clues during the implementation of the recall.